1. Rejoice daily in your salvation and the mercy and grace of the Lord! "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation." Psalm 68:19.
2. Count your blessings daily. "Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, and forget not all His benefits." Psalm 103:2
3. Spend quality and specific time with the Lord. "they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." Isa. 40:31 (the key is daily in the word and prayer)
4. Confess all known sin and selfishness. I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
5. Die to self. "I die daily." I Corinth. 15:31 also Gal. 2:20
6. Take the Christian "happy pill" the "filling of the Holy Spirit" Gal 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance..."
7. Laugh often and hearty. "merry heart doeth good like a medicine" Proverbs 17:22 "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance, but by sorrow of the heart is the spirit broken." Proverbs 15:13 "All the days of the afflicted are evil, but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast." Proverbs 15:15
8. Focus on the needs of others. " Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others" Phil. 2:4 We must focus on caring for the needs of others instead of focusing on our selves. "Others Lord yes others let this my motto be. Let me think of others that I might be like thee."
9. Be a giver not a taker. Love, Joy, happiness, find a need and fill it! "It is more blessed to give than to receive" Acts 20:35 (blessed means happy)
10. Find Gods will in life, as well as every situation, and "Just Do It!" "Now perform the doing of it." II Corinth. 8:11 "But be ye doers of the word..." James 1:22
11. Be at peace, and be a peacemaker. "Blessed are the peacemakers..." Matt. 6:9 also Phil. 4:6, 7 "...and the peace of God which passeth all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
12. Trust emphatically in the Lord to carry you through difficulty and loss. "...all things work together for good to them that love the lord, to them who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
13. Love greatly. "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these things; but the greatest of these is charity." Charity is love in action!
14. Forget the past with its failures. "...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:13, 14
15. Forgive others and forgive yourself. "...forgive and ye shall be forgiven." Luke 6:37
16. Remember the blessings and miracles of the Lord in the past. "Then beware lest thou forget the Lord..." see Deut. 6:1-12
17. Climb higher everyday! "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."Phil.3:14
18. Go to bed every night thanking God for His goodness! "... let not the sun go down upon your wrath." Eph 4:26 also Phil. 4:6-9.
19. Every morning thank God for a new day and ask Him to order your steps. "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord." Psalm 37:23
20. Exercise your body (aerobics) mind (neurobics) and spirit. (endorphins are brain chemicals God created us with as mood elevators to make us feel happy)
21. Through the day, listen to music and messages that build your spirit and cause your spirit to soar like an eagle. Old computer saying "GIGO." (Again this releases endorphins and fortifies your spirit, and makes you feel happy, now pass it on!) You will be blessed (happy) and you will make others blessed (happy), you have God's word on it!
Why not take one of these Biblical concepts each day and focus on it until you have gone through all the principles over a period of 21 days, then start over until you have focused on these 21 principles for the next six months and they become an integral part of your spiritual development? Repetition is the "law of learning" and "the mother of skill", so repeat each principle until they are firmly entrenched and you are a knowledgeable and skilled happy Christian.